Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

June 28, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
June 28, 1943

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!! What do you know – got a letter from you today! Sounds kinda catty doesn’t it? I’m sorry – I really was glad to get it – as you’ve learned by now. Yes, I know you haven’t written – this is the first one since last Wed. That’s a long time honey. But then it was 6 pages. Surprised to get 10 pages from me – honey? Why – I write “almost” that much every time - !

All kidding aside I would like that picture of you in a bathing suit. I’ll be waiting for it honey – for a special “pin-up” girl. Oh!

Honey, if you don’t get my picture soon, I’ll write to Riley & give a little “hell” & see what happens. I think this is only the third letter I’ve gotten from you so far – maybe its four.

Today I started navigation training. You really got to be on the beam to find your bearing – twisting thru these mountains. We’ll probably be lost half the time out here.

We’re restricted this coming week-end again – I guess I’ll never get out of this hole. You’d better watch out honey – I’ll have a lot of “lovin’” stored up when I get back to K.C. Well sweetheart it’s getting kinda dark so I’d better close – near the end of the page too. Goodnite now. Answer soon

All My Love Johnny XOX

“Honey how I wish I was with you! XXXOOXXX X


No comments:

Post a Comment