Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

June 29, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
June 29, 1943

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!!

I got your card today. It was nice – but out here for each cloudy day we have a month of “sunshine”.

Didn’t do much today. Listened to some lectures & practiced crew drill.

Tomorrow I go on another navigation problem & tomorrow night we go on an overnight problem & come back Thurs. noon.

I don’t mind this place so much – I’m getting used to the heat – this dust drives me nuts tho. We’re so damn far from any town & staying cooped up on 32,000 acres of desert gets me mad or something! I guess we’ll be out here till fall. I guess I told you my brother – Ralph, is in Lincoln Neb. in the Air Corps. Boy – how I’d like to go on a nice big drunk for about a week. The first 3 day pass I get I’m heading for the nearest bar even tho it is 300 miles away. I’m just going to get on a nice peaceful drunk – if you know what I mean honey. I probably won’t get a pass till I finish this navigation course which lasts for a month.

Well honey I guess I can take it tho if I have to. I’d better close now & go give our co. ball team some moral support. Bye now. Answer soon.

All My Love Johnny

I miss you honey! XOX

X X X X X X X X X X X X X


No comments:

Post a Comment