Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

July 4, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
July 4, 1943

Sun. Eve.

Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart!!!

I just got back from Needles. Six of us spent the day in there. Not much to go there for – except its just the idea of getting away from camp for awhile.

I wasn’t here for mail-call today, so I don’t know whether I got a letter from you or not – but I’m writing anyway – honey – by the light of a lantern. Not so good to write by. They’ve got a big U.S.O. Hollywood show at the open air amphitheater tonite. But I’m too tired to go & I’ve got to get up early & go on a navigation problem tomorrow. We’ll probably take in a little Arizona desert too. We took a picture by the Colorado river today & what a beautiful spot for some romancing with you. I thought of you & me as soon as I seen it.

Well honey I guess I’d better close for tonite – this lantern is flickering, I suppose it will go out in a couple of minutes.

Goodnite Sweetheart. I’m always thinking of you & miss you very much. Please answer soon.

All My Love Johnny XOX

X X X X

X O O O X

X X X X


No comments:

Post a Comment