Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

July 16, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
July 16, 1943

Fri.
4:00 P.M.

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!!

No letter today, but since I got four yesterday, I’d better write again today.

We had maintenance this morning & this afternoon. I had to get ready for guard duty.

See – honey, I told you I wasn’t going to get drunk. Tonite’s the beer party & I can’t touch a drop because I’m on guard. I’ll have to drink ‘cake’ & like it.

Honey this letter is going to have to be short, I’ve got to go on guard again at 4:30. But this is better than none at all (as you say) isn’t it. Why shore.

I took some pictures out on this desert. If they turn out good enough I’ll send you a couple. That reminds me – when do I get the one of you in your sarong?

Well, I’ve got to go now honey, I’ll be thinking of you tonite.

Honey I love you 24 hrs. more than I did yesterday.

Answer soon. I miss you so much.

All My Love X O X

Johnny

X X X X

Tell everyone I said Hello

X X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment