Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Nov. 9, 1944: Johnny Writes News about his Brothers



Nov. 9, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
I received two letters from you today – 7th & 23rd. Was really glad to hear from you honey. I also got a letter from the folks. The first one I’ve received written to this hospital.
How you  feeling honey & what’s new around K.C.? I’m feeling okay – coming along okay – this leg is a little slow in healing tho!
Dode has left N.O. for duty & Ralph sent his clothes home so I guess he’ll be hitting for the S.P. before long. Ralph & Dora are expecting in May – I think. Imagine that my kid brother getting ahead of me with a family.
Bobby had to register – I didn’t realize he was that old already. I’m pretty sure he won’t get in – thank God!
Well, honey I’ll cut this short – lights go out at 9:00 now & it’s pass time for lights out.
I’ll try & write more next time. I love you & miss you more every day honey. Write Soon.
All My Love        Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment