Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Nov. 17, 1944: Next Week They'll Cut the Scar Out of His Leg



Nov. 17, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
I got a letter & a v-mail from you today of the 2nd. They both got here the same day – but the v-mail would have got here first if you had of used the right address.
I could read the v-mail very plain honey. The ink didn’t make ay difference. Honey, you can [catch? sic} a bus at the Terminal at 9th, maybe that will take you out home.
I’m feeling okay honey & my leg is nearly healed up. I guess about next week, they’ll cut the scar out & close it. Then I’ll be thru – I hope!
It’s been raining constantly all day & it’s getting pretty cold.
I slept most of day, didn’t even get up for breakfast. It’ll sure be a shock to get up for reveille in the mornings again after I leave here.
How about some more pictures honey? I love you & miss you more every day honey. Got to shave now before lights out! Bye for now, Sweetheart! Write soon.
All My Love
Always      Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment