Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

June 7, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 7, 1943
8:00 P.M.

(inside envelope flap)
HELLO
SWEETHEART!!
I MISS YOU!
P.A.S.
LOVE X O X



Darling Mark!
Hello Sweetheart! Here it is Monday & I haven’t any letter since Friday. I still have hopes tho.

I went to Riley to see about my pictures yesterday – but I won’t get them till Wednesday.

I spent a very dull week-end. I went to sleep at 9:00 last nite. I’m going to sleep early tonite too – I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to check scores on the range.

This morning – I was barracks guard. Just sat around on my dead butt. It was the life.

It won’t be long honey & I’ll be saying good-bye to Ks. I think we’re pulling out Sunday afternoon sometime – between you & me.

Honey – I’m sure going to miss you an awful lot.

I haven’t much to talk about honey – just thinking a lot.
Please answer Soon?

I miss you -------------------

All My Love XOX
XXXXXXX Johnny X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment