Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

June 8, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 8, 1943
6:30 P.M.

(inside envelope flap)
HELLO
SWEETHEART!
I MISS YOU WRITE SOON
LOVE X O X XOX XOX



Darling Mark!

Hello Sweetheart! I got your nice card today – but why no letter? You must be awful busy honey!

It rained like hell here last nite. It’s hotter than hell here now.

I just finished shaving & just laying around now. It’s so damn lonesome around here – wish you were here – I’d go to a show if I didn’t have to stand in line so long!

I was on the range today from 6 to 4. I was hit in the leg today by a ricochet shell – nothing serious tho.

I should write some more letters, but I think I’ll go get a few beers. It’s getting on my nerves around here.

Tell Lu. hello honey – for me.

Please write soon?
Bye now – sweetheart.
I miss you honey!

All My Love XOX
XXXXXXXXX Johnny
X O X O X O X

No comments:

Post a Comment