Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

June 9, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 9, 1943
9:00 P.M.

(inside envelope flap)
HELLO SWEETHEART!
LOVE XOX
ANSWER SOON HONEY
O X X O X X O



Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!

Gee – I got two letters from you today. One you wrote Sun & Mon. I’ll know now if you don’t write – you got a good excuse. A three page letter too – honey you’re cooking with gas now. It sure made me feel good to get two long letters from you.

I went to Riley tonite to see about my pictures – but they weren’t back yet. She told me to come back Sat. – but after Friday we’re restricted to the camp area. I might be able to get away if I talk fast enough. Just in case I don’t – I told her to mail them for me.

I just came back from the show – I seen “China” – it was sure good.

I’m listening to Kay Kysen now.

It looks like it’ll rain again tonite – it has for the last 3 nites. Oh-oh the lights just went out – they’re still flickering – yep – it’s started to rain. I just heard a train going to K.C. – mercy! How I’d like to be on it. To be with you again honey would be glorious.

We didn’t do much today. This morning we had 1 hour drill – then it started raining. The rest of the morning we spent packing – I was already packed – so I washed out my lingerie.

This afternoon we had 1 hours hike & 1 hour of training films. We were supposed to practice sighting the rest of the day – but the guns are all packed. So we got off at 2:30. Oh! That’s the kind of day I like!

Honey – I’ll try & not write any more blue letters – but sometimes a guy gets so disgusted he has to tell someone. I’m a little blue tonite thinking how much I like to see you again & how much I miss you. But I’m reading your letters over & over & they make me feel better sweetheart! I do hope you write whenever you can darling! You’ll never know the feeling I get when I get a letter from you. Oh – it’s grand!

A rumor just went around that we have to get up at 4:00 tomorrow morning to eat breakfast. If it’s true – here’s one guy that’s going to miss breakfast.

Well honey it’s about time for lights out & since I’m already in bed I’d better start to “Roger out”.

Please answer soon sweetheart. I miss you so much !!!

If you can’t read this letter – I’ll send you the key to decipher it.

Goodnite now Darling,

All My Love
X O X Johnny X O X
X O X O X O
X O X O X O
X O X

No comments:

Post a Comment