Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

June 23, 1943

HELLO

SWEETHEART!!!

X O X

I MISS YOU! LOVE P.A.S.

Desert Training Center, California

June 23, 1943

Wed. Eve.

Somewhere in the Desert!

Darling Mark!

Hello Sweetheart! First of all this pen skips a little so try & make out best you can honey! I got your letter of the 18th today - Honey I really needed it – even if it was kinda short. I didn’t do a thing till 2:00 this afternoon & I chased prisoners till 4:30. It was really hot today. Guard duty last night was miserable – I had a damn headache most of the night. Heat I guess. I thought of you every minute I was on duty last nite honey – it made the time go faster – I just finished a pint of ice cream – it sure hits the spot out here. I’d like to have a case of ice-cold beer tho.

Honey – I’ll never turn down another drink – as long as I live – if I live long enough to get out of this damn desert! Honey it sure is dull around here – wish I was in K.C.

We can have week-end & 3 day passes if we want them this week but everybody is broke. It costs $15 to go to L.A. one week-end & I’d be broke for another month. Honey – what’s the idea of telling me to be “good”? You know I’m always good ----. I could say more – but I hadn’t better.

Honey I’d better start closing. We start having blackout about this time. Bulb must be burned out. Good-nite honey – I’m thinking of you & miss ever so much. Please answer soon.

All My Love Johnny xox

XXXXXXOXXXX

X O X O X O X

P.S. If I can’t be careful – I’ll name it after you!


No comments:

Post a Comment