Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

June 26, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
June 26, 1943

Sat.
11:00 P.M.

(inside flap:

HELLO

SWEETHEART!!!

I MISS YOU.

LOVE X O X X O X P.A.S. )

Darling Mark:

Hello Sweetheart!!!!

We got off at 10:00 today – I haven’t got a letter from you since Wed., but I’m not giving up hopes.

I sent you a letter Thurs. but it came back. I forgot to put your address on it. Must be the heat getting me. Yesterday a kid went nuts from the heat. He dressed up in an overcoat & overshoes & a winter cap & got a loaded carbine & said he was going duck-hunting. He almost shot a Sargent & made him get in a tank. He got in plenty fast. Another kid he made stand at attention – he told him he was a general. They’ve got him in a hospital now. He was a kid from K.C. & had just got out of the guard-house a couple days before.

Tomorrow, the co. is going out to the lake again & probably stay all day.

Monday, I start to navigation school out here. I guess I’ll have to start getting up at 5:00 in the morning.

I’m going into Needles now with the ball players so I’d better shave & get dressed. I’ll write again tomorrow honey. Bye for now.

Answer soon.

All My Love

Johnny X O X

I miss you like anything honey. I’m thinking of you always.

X X X X X X X

O O O O O O O

No comments:

Post a Comment