Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

June 22, 1943

(inside envelope flap)

HELLO

SWEETHEART!!!

I MISS YOU!

LOVE XOX I MISS YOU! P.A.S. XOX

Desert Training Center, California

June 22, 1943

Tues. 1:30 P.M.

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!!

I just got your letter at noon today. Honey, it’s so good to get letters from you out here – I hope you don’t get tired of writing. It’s 135° again today – I feel like I’m half-baked already.

This morning a couple of other guys & a Lt. & I took 3 jeeps out in the desert & was shooting jackrabbits with our carbines. More fun – but it’s really rough riding out here.

No – honey – I didn’t miss any meals on the trip down here. I was always hungry so I was always awake when they served chow.

We have some beautiful nights here too honey – when that moon comes over the mountains – I can just picture myself with you. Did you get my picture yet? Well honey it’s about time to fall out so I’ll finish this letter later. Bye now.

3:00 PM – Hello again sweetheart! Well, I got this afternoon off. I’m on guard tonite tho. It’s a pretty good go out here. Yesterday we were issued our “Mary Curres” (comforters) for as I said before it gets pretty cool at night.

Well – honey I’ve got to go take a shower & shave & get ready for guard mount. So I’ll close & write again tomorrow. Bye now. Please answer soon.

All My Love xox Johnny

XXOXXOXXOX

XOXOXOXXOX


No comments:

Post a Comment