Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Has Been Evacuated From Paris and Is Back in England


August 31, 1944
England


My Darling Mark
Hello Sweetheart!  I write again after that long delay. Those Jerries can be very amazing at times! I’m finally out of their hands out of Paris! Its sure good to be back in England & in a Am. hospital. We were evacuated from France by plane – a – 47 S. This is all the stationery I have at present honey – so this letter will be quite short! Tell Cec & Lu. hello & will write them soon. How are you honey & what’s the news! I’m coming along okay now – Still bed-bound tho – dammit!! Bye for now honey!
Address.                                      I miss you like hell!
Detachment of Patients             Write Soon.
#4116 U.S. Army Hosp Pl.           All My Love Always -
A.P.O. 207                                                             Johnny
c/o P.M.    N.Y.  N.Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment