Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Is Awarded the Purple Heart While Recovering in England


WAR & NAVY
DEPARTMENTS
V-MAIL SERVICE
    _______

OFFICIAL BUSINESS
Sunday Sept.2 1944
England           

My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart!  How you was? I’m sorry I haven’t written oftener – but I’ve been sleeping my fool head off! Have you seen Cec. & Lu lately.  Tell them hello for me.  I think I’ll write them this afternoon too.
         I’m coming along okay honey – I have a lot of time to think about you laying here day after day!  Brother I wish I was back there! I sure miss you honey!  Was awarded the Purple Heart a couple of days ago. Well sweetheart I guess I’d better close. Will write soon. Bye for now Darling I love you!
Write soon.                                          All My Love        Johnny


The V-Mail Johnny sent to Mark from the hospital in England
  (click on the letter and it will open in a larger image, then click on the "BACK" arrow to return to this page)

No comments:

Post a Comment