Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

June 3, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 3, 1943
Thurs. Eve.

Darling Mark!

Hello Sweetheart! I’m going to answer your letter now. I’m going to Riley & see if my pictures are back yet.

We had a compass problem this evening & didn’t get off till 6:30. I was going to mass & confession but I was too late.

We have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow but our day doesn’t start till 10:00. We have to work till 8:00. We have the same schedule for Sat., so I won’t be able to catch a train till 9:20 & won’t get to K.C. till around 1:00 A.M. Sun. morn. Sat. we fire the carbine rifle for record. The one’s that make the lowest scores will do K.P. on the train when we move out. I sure hope I do some fancy shootin’.

Today we had village fighting. We practiced capturing a simulated German village. It was a lot of fun. I was sure blasting hell out of everything I could. There’s only 1 guy been killed & 1 wounded out there.

This afternoon we seen another film on German occupations of small countries. There titled – “Why We Fight!” & Sweetheart they’d make anybody fighting mad! They’re actual films & they’re horrible! Civilians never get to see these films.

Honey I hope I get to see you this week-end. I’m coming in if I only have a couple of hours home. If I miss that 9:30 train I’ll catch a later one – even if I don’t get in till Sun. morning.

Sweetheart I miss you more every day! I think about you constantly.

Well honey I guess I’ll be getting’ to Riley before it’s too late. Answer soon sweetheart. I hoping – but I guess I won’t get a letter tomorrow – the way you talk in your letter!

Bye again Honey
All My Love X O X
I MISS YOU!! Johnny X

XXXXXXXXOOXOXX

No comments:

Post a Comment