Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

June 6, 943

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 6, 1943
Sun. 8:30

(inside envelope flap)
HELLO
Sweetheart!!
I MISS YOU MORE THAN I CAN SAY – HONEY.
LOVE
GUM CHUM? WRITE SOON




Darling Mark!
Hello Honey. Glory – how I miss you. I just came back from Riley to get my pictures but they won’t be ready till about Wed. They must be trying to retouch them to resemble something living.

I tried to call you last nite & was waiting for them to call me back – so I went to confession. They said they called while I was gone.

I tried again tonite & I must have been gone or they called back when another guy was using the phone. It’s hard as hell to get a call out from here.

I’m feeling pretty low & blue tonite – I had counted so much on seeing you this week-end.

I don’t know whether I got a letter from you today or not – the mail-man is on a pass.

Oh – honey how I’d like to be with you again. I miss you sooo much.

Honey I’m already in bed so I’ll close now & get some much needed sleep. I just got off guard at 5:30. Please answer soon Sweetheart.

All My Love
Johnny
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment