Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

May 26, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 26, 1943
Wed. Eve.



Darling Mark!

I got your note today so I’ll answer it now.

We had a test today on maps & if we flunked it we don’t get a 3 day pass, but I’m pretty sure I passed it, so I’ll see you about Friday nite.

Honey – this letter is going to be short too. I’m trying to make a show tonite & get this in tonite’s mail besides. I haven’t been to a show for a month.

I finally got to Riley & got my proofs. The pictures won’t be ready for about 10 days to two weeks.

We have to go thru an infiltration cause tomorrow with live ammunition firing 30 in. over our heads. If I don’t get my B-T too high I’ll be seeing you.

Well Honey I’d better close & git agoin if I want to make that show. Answer Soon Sweetheart!

All My Love
XXXXXXXOOX
Johnny X


What’s better than being deep in the heart of Texas?

No comments:

Post a Comment