Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

June 5, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 5, 1943
10:00 A.M.

(inside envelope flap)
HELLO
Sweetheart!!
I MISS YOU!
ANSWER SOON
LOVE X O X



Darling Mark!

Hello Sweetheart: -
12:30. I was called out suddenly. But I’m back again mad as hell! I’ve just been placed on guard for tonite. OH Damn. I feel like tearing this place apart! I won’t be able to come in this week-end sweetheart! I guess this would be the last chance I’d get to see you again. OH honey am I blue. I was counting so much on seeing you again. Mercy!!!

So you finally went horseback riding eh? How’s your fannie feel?

Honey – I’ve got to shower & get ready for guard mount now so I’d better close & get agoin’. I’ll try & call you tonite honey. If I can pay a guy to take my guard tonite I’ll give him his own price.

Please answer soon honey. I miss you an awful lot & always thinking of you. Bye now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XOX All My Love
Johnny
P.S. Someone borrowed my pen & forgot to return – so pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment