Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

June 11, 1943 (later that same day....)

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 11, 1943
7:30 P.M.

(inside envelope flap)
HELLO
SWEETHEART!
ANSWER SOON I MISS YOU
LOVE X O X HONEY! X O X



Darling Mark:
Hello Sweetheart!!

I did get a letter from you today. I’m so happy to get them honey – even if they are short.

Baby – did I have a soft day today. I got up at 6:00 ate breakfast – went back to sleep till 10:00 got up & ate dinner at 10:30. At 11:00 we fell out & the guys that didn’t fire before fired today. Six from our platoon had qualified in shooting so we went back & scrubbed the barracks! We finished that in an hour & the rest of the we layed around. I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning & go to the target pits. We have to have all of our equipment packed by morning. There’s a rumor going around that we don’t leave till Tuesday now. If it’s true I’ll try & call you Monday nite.

I just came back from getting a G.I. haircut again. He really peeled me!

I wish I could have been with you on that picnic honey – but when I get back just you & me are going on a picnic by ourselves – I want you all to myself with no interruptions. Honey I miss you so much – if I ever get ahold of you again I’ll never let you go.

Well I’ve quit playing craps again, maybe I’ll learn someday.

It sure is hot & sticky here tonite. I guess Cec is (on) maneuvers – I haven’t heard from him for quite awhile. Gosh I miss that guy!

I feel half-naked with my hair cut this short.

Honey – I’m going to Riley again tomorrow to see about my pics. They’ve been in there 18 days now.

I’d better close honey – I have to write home & get to bed. 4:30 comes awful fast.

Please answer soon.
X O X All My Love X O X
XXXXX Johnny X O X
X X X X X X O X O X X X
P. S. 4 kisses per hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment