Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

June 19, 1943

Desert Training Center, California

June 19, 1943

3:00 P.M.

Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart! How you was today? No letter from you yet – but I’m not giving up hopes. I guess it’ll take a little longer to get here than it did at Fort Riley.

Not much happening today. I was on detail for a couple of hours this morning but I didn’t work very hard. We had guns issued to us today – just something else to clean every time we turn around.

As usual – it’s hot as hell again today.

I’ve been made navigator for the 2nd platoon today. I hope I can lead them to L.A. someday.

I’m just laying around this afternoon again – dreaming. Gosh honey – I miss you. Next week we start our problems. I guess they’ll be pretty rough. I hope the hell I don’t lose us on this desert someplace.

They’re having another stage show tonite – I guess I’ll take a chance on it. I couldn’t stand the last one.

Well honey I guess I’ll go take a shower & cool off for a couple of minutes.

Please answer soon honey. I’m always thinking of you. Bye now.

All My Love Johnny XOX

XXXXXXXX

OOOOOOOX

XXXXXXXO

No comments:

Post a Comment