Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

June 14, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
June 14, 1943
6:30 A.M.

(inside envelope flap)
HELLO
SWEETHEART!
I MISS YOU!
XXXO
LOVE X WRITE SOON XOX



Darling Mark,
Hello Sweetheart!!!

How are you today. I got back in camp at 4:00 this morning & got up at 5:00. I’m not sleepy tho – but I’m sure thinking of you a lot.

I just finished packing my bags this morning. I didn’t think I had accumulated so much junk till I tried to get it all packed. I don’t think they’re going to do anything about us guys coming in late as long as we were here for reveille. I think he told us 12:00 just so we’d be sure to be here this morning.

Honey – I sure hated to leave you last nite. I wanted to tell you a lot of things but I guess I was kinda choked up.

Well sweetheart I’d better close & get ready to fall out. Please write soon darling!

All My Love XOX
XXXXXXX Johnnie
XXXXXOXOXOX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment