Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

July 14, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
July 14, 1943

Wed.
9:30 P.M.

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!!

Received your card today. It was really nice honey. Especially the kiss. It sure tasted good! It actually gave me a thrill honey.

Hope you can read this. I’m writing by moon-light. I didn’t have time to answer in camp. We’re about 25 miles from camp, at the foot of a mountain. There’s a beautiful moon setting right on top of it. Wish you were here, cause I’m really thinking of you.

A buddy & I are sleeping together tonite. I smuggled out my comforter & we’re using it to make the ground a little softer.

We get up at 5:00 A.M. in the morning. We’re going to have combat firing of the carbines & Tommy guns.

Honey, I guess I’d better close for tonite & get some sleep. Five o-clock in the morning comes too soon for me.

Now if I can just forget about those rattlesnakes & lizards, I’ll think of you & go to sleep.

If we get back in time tomorrow, I’ll write another letter, one that you can read.

Goodnite Honey.

All My Love X O O X

Johnny X O X

X O X OX OX

XO X O X O


No comments:

Post a Comment