Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Desert Training Center, California
July 10, 1943

Sat. Eve.,
8:30 P.M.

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!

I’m trying to write this letter by a flashlight. No letter today either.

I just read your last letter agin – the one with all the hell in it. I kinda got a laugh out of it. You know honey you couldn’t “beat bumps on my head” unless I was drunk.

This morning we had an inspection. It took till noon. After chow I got in a poker game that lasted till 8:00 PM. tonite. As you see it ended about a half hour ago. As they say in the Army – I lost my A--. I couldn’t get drunk now if I wanted to. But I think we’re supposed to have a beer party next Wed. nite – just a rumor.

Honey if you could just give me enough hell now about gambling maybe I could get it out of my blood. I mean it really gets in your blood.

I guess I’d better close for tonite & get some sleep.

Gosh honey I miss you,& miss not getting your letters, but then I can’t expect you to write every day. I hope I dream of you tonite. Goodnite honey. Write soon.

All My Love

Johnny XOX

X X X X X X X

X X X X X X X


No comments:

Post a Comment