Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

July 6, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
July 6 1943

Tue. Eve.

Darling Mark

Hello Sweetheart!!!

I got your letter & card today. I sure did get a kick of that card.

We were out all day on a platoon problem. Didn’t do much, but ride around but that’s enough – out here. Honey if you were out one day with me – you’d be down to a neat 120. It jars the living hell right out of you.

Tomorrow I go on another navigation problem. No – I didn’t sign up for it – they just told me I was going to be navigator for the 2nd platoon. If I ever get us lost I’ll tell them I didn’t ask for it. It’s been a lot of fun so far – a little tough but I think I can make it.

- - - - - - - - - -
Hear about the WAAC who went to bed eating pop-corn?

- - - - - - - - - -

Has Lu heard from Cec lately? I haven’t heard from him for 2 weeks.

Ralph is in Lincoln Neb. in the Air Corps – I haven’t heard from him yet. I told Mom you got my pictures.

The ball team is too much extra work – I play enough ball after hours anyway & besides I don’t think about myself honey, & not K.C. in particular – it’s you honey, & you can’t tell me to stop thinking of you! I guess I’ll get to a show tonite.

I guess 65° is a little cooler than 130° huh?

Bye now Darling – Write Tonite

All My Love Johnny XOX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment