Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

September 18, 1943


Desert Training Center, California
Sept. 18, 1943
Sat.  5:00 P.M.


Darling Mark

Hello Sweetheart ! ! !

I got your letter this afternoon. The one you wrote a week ago. We get our mail a couple of days late – when we do get it. We just finished another 3 day problem today. Starting Monday we get a 5 day break, & then after that its straight thru till Oct. 16th. It wouldn’t be so bad if we had a sure supply of water. Last week was the same – not enough water to really drink when thirsty. As long as we have enough water we have fun – but as soon as we don’t – BAM! ! our morale goes down.

         I wish we could be with your brother in Sicily – it would sure beat this.

         Honey – I really haven’t much time to write most of the time we’re going till way in the nite. A lot of times we don’t even have time to eat. Next week on our break I’ll have time & I’ll write every chance I get. I’m going to expect more letters from you too. Aren’t I?

         Honey – I’ll get a furlough after maneuvers – but it might be after we move east again – but I’ll get it.

         Well honey I’d better close now & mail this while I can.  I miss you an awful lot honey – you know I do.

Bye now.   Write Soon

X       X       X       X
All My Love                         Johnny              X O X
                                                   X O O X O

1 comment:

  1. Is he referring to Joe being in Italy? Was he in the service there? His letters are sounding more stressed...an urgency to hear from home.

    ReplyDelete