Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

September 21, 1943


Desert Training Center, California
Sept. 21, 1943
Tues. 6:00 P.M.


Darling Mark,

         Hello Sweetheart ! !

I got your letter yesterday - but didn’t have time to answer. We were on the move all day. We’re now supposed to be on a 5 day rest period – but it’s more work than maneuvers. I hardly have time to do anything. I’m getting so fed up with this outfit. It’s run more like a Boy Scout troop than an Army. As soon as maneuvers are over – a couple of us are going to volunteer for the paratroops. We ought to see some action then.

         Honey – I just don’t know what to write about tonite. I’ve been disgusted all day. I’m afraid if I keep on writing I’ll end up mad as a hornet & take off over the hill.

         Honey there is the most beautiful sunrises & sunsets out here – but that space in between is terrible.

         I’d better close for tonite honey – it’s getting dark & we’re not allowed to use lights after dark or even smoke.

         I’ll be seeing you.

Bye now.
Write Soon Honey.
All My Love,
     Johnny

    X  X  X  X  X

No comments:

Post a Comment