Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2011

September 29, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
Sept. 29, 1943



Darling Mark,

         Hello Sweetheart ! !

I got your letter last night – but was too tired to answer. We’re back at camp now & maneuvers have been called off. We started back Sat. morning & got back last nite. We’re going to be out of here by Nov. 1 & from the looks of things we’re headed for Camp Polk, La. This place is hell, but that camp is worse. Our Div. is getting reorganized & a lot of the outfits are getting split up. I don’t think the 89th will be in the 9th after this. It’s hard telling where we’ll end up but I care less. I’m going to try the Paratroops anyway.

         Coming back our half-track had motor-trouble & we had to lay over 2 days & get a new motor. We were the last vehicle in.

         Honey I’m going to have to cut this short. I’ve got so much straightening out to do. When things get back to normal again – I’ll try & write a long letter.  Bye now.

         Write Soon.

All My Love                 Johnny

X       X       X

1 comment: