Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Is Getting Tired of Good Old England


April 21, 1944
Fri. Eve. 9:20


My Darling Mark,
Hello Sweetheart!!
Since I haven’t anything else to do tonite for a change – I’ll attempt to scratch out a few lines to you honey.
         I was answering some letters to my Aunts & cousins that have stacked up on me.
         I went to the show here at Camp tonite & seen “White Cargo” with Hedy Lamarr. Mercy! She’s enough to make anybody go nuts! In a place like that – I mean.
         Everything is about the same here honey. I go on missing you & loving as each day passes. I just wonder how much longer we’ll have to sweat this place out. I’m sure getting tired of “good old England”!
         Well – honey I’ll guess I’ll close for tonite & shave & hit the hay.
         I wanted you to know I’m thinking of you always.
         Goodnite now Darling & write soon. I miss you & love you honey.
         All My Love        Johnny

Hedy Lamarr

No comments:

Post a Comment