Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Writes About News From Home, the V-Mails and Boxes He Received


April 19, 1944
Wed. Eve.


My Darling Mark,
Hello Sweetheart!!
I got your letter of the 31st today. I got your V-mail of the 3rd yesterday. Ah I can’t understand it!
This is a good nite to be in – its raining pretty hard.
I got two V-mails from Mary today – she said Dode was going to the Navy or Marines soon. Joyce has the measles.
I got a box from Sis today – mailed a month ago. I guess I’m lucky to get it tho.
Yes honey, I remember the “Ice Capades” – wish I was with you to see them this year.
Honey – how long do you think you will keep on working nites?
Honey I can’t think of anything to write about tonite. I’ve got to write Sis & Mary yet too. I’ve got to get up early in the morning & go on K.P.! That’s going to be nice! I miss you honey & love you more every day.
Goodnite now Darling
All My Love Always             Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment