Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Sends Home a British Pre-War Threepence - Quite Rare!


April 17, 1944
Mon. Eve.


My Darling Mark
Hello Sweetheart!!
                 I got your V-mail today of the 3rd – was going to write anyway tonite. I was on guard Sat & Sun. so didn’t have a chance to write.
I probably won’t be able to write for a couple of days after this, so if you don’t hear, you’ll know why – although I can’t tell you why not. I’ll write again as soon as I can.
         It’s been a pretty nice day here – hows the weather in K.C.?
         Have you seen Lu. or Cec. lately – I haven’t hear from Cec. for quite some time now.
         Honey I’m sending this British threepence in this letter. It’s a pre-war threepence & quite rare now. Its worth 5c in our money. Let me know if you get it.
         Well honey I guess I’ll close for tonite. I’ve got to write home too. I got a letter from an Aunt that I have to answer too.
         Goodnite now Darling – I miss you like all hell & love you more every day. Write soon hone. I miss you.
         All My Love Always     Johnny





1939 British Threepence
 Author's Note: The actual coin was not with the letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment