Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

Johnny Gets Three Letters From His Sweetheart



Sept 18, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart!
                 I got 3 letters from you today from June 27 – July 8 - & Aug. 16th. Some are pretty old but that doesn’t make much difference – as long as they are from you!

         How are you – honey & whats doing around K.C.?  I’m okay & feeling fine. I can get out of bed now & hobble around a little. It feels good to get up & around a little – after being in bed for 2 months.

         I got a letter from Mom today & one from Mary. She’s going to have another in Jan.

         How is Lu. coming along now. Tell her & Cec. I said hello. I’ll have to drop them another line soon.

         Honey – there isn’t much to write about. I don’t do anything around here except read & eat & sleep. What’s wrong with that! Only one thing – I’m not in K.C. with the girl I love most!  That’s whats wrong with it.

         There I go – asking questions & answering them. Its about time I quit or I’m apt to ask something I can’t answer.

         Honey – I love you & miss you more every day. This old heart will probably fail me – when I see you again.

         Well, honey I’d better close for now & write home. If I don’t get paid soon – I’ll be forced to use v-mail. 4 months since I’ve been paid. Bye for now Sweetheart!  Write soon.

All My Love                 Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment