Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Is Walking With a Cane And Wants His Sweetheart To Keep On Serving Up Love!



Sept 21, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart!
I got your letter of the 30th today & was very glad to hear from you again. I got a v-mail from Mary – she said she heard from me from this hospital so I guess you have too. I got a cablegram from Mom & Dad yesterday.
         I guess you were wondering why I didn’t write for so long a time – but you know now – don’t you honey? Did you ever get the letters I wrote, while I was prisoner in Paris? Let me know if you get them.
         Well, I’m finally getting around again. I’ve been up the last couple of days & walking around with a cane!  Soon as these pins get a little steadier – I’ll throw it away.
         I’m feeling good – I’m fine I mean - & am eating like a horse – must be the vitamin pills. I’ve still got 30 lbs to go yet.
         Went to a U.S.O. show today (British) – pretty good.
         The sweater sounds nice honey – do you think it will fit?
         I’d like to be wearing that style by Xmas!
         Did Lu. have a boy or girl? What did it weigh & all the rest that’s of any interest?
         Honey – you just keep serving up that love & when I get home again – we’ll have a little war by ourselves!!
         Honey – I guess I’ve run out of things to write about – for the present.
         I miss you & love you more every day – honey. Maybe it won’t be too long before we’ll be together again – I hope.
         I’d better write home now & to Mary & call it a day.
         Bye for now Darling & write soon.

All My Love        Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment