Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Oct. 17, 1944: Our WWII Soldier Has Been Too Sick To Write



Oct. 17, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
I haven’t written for several days – mainly because I was too sick. I sure felt rough. I’m feeling better today – but could feel a lot better yet. I’m taking penicillin shots every 4 hours. My [arm?] gut so sore. I started taking it in my cheeks!
         I got a letter from you a couple of days ago – that was a couple months old.
         It’s been raining for 5 days straight now – doesn’t seem like it’s going to stop. I got a letter from Cec. that he wrote in July yesterday. I guess by the time this war is over – I’ll get all my back mail.
         There isn’t much to write about honey – so I guess I’ll close & sleep till chow time. I love you & miss you more every day. How is Lu & the baby coming along? Tell Dee Dee Uncle Johnny said Hello!
Bye for now honey. Write Soon.
         All My Love                         Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment