Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Is Getting A Skin Graft In the Morning



Oct. 12, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
I got 3 letters from you today – 16-17-18th. Mighty glad to get them. All the mail I’ve received here so far except one was from you. Just as long as I hear from you – that’s all I care.
         I’m feeling okay – but I just got rid of a cold & already getting another one. Damn nuisance is what they are!
         Well, I get operated on in the morning. They’re going to graft & sew my leg up. I’ll heal faster then. If I don’t write tomorrow – I’ll either be too sick or asleep all day. Probably be dreaming of you honey. I’ll close for tonite now honey. This is a short one – huh? I’m sure lonely for you honey! Write Soon. I love you!
All My Love Always             Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment