Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Oct. 20, 1944: Our WWII Soldier Is Still Recovering In Bed



Oct. 20, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
I got your letter of Oct. 3 today & was very glad to hear from you. Feeling pretty good today – but still in bed. I guess it’s a good place to be – it rains 6 out of 7 days here.
         It takes about 3 or 4 days for a cablegram to get here honey – I’m not sure.
         We had a show in the ward here last night.  “Larceny & Music”. It was pretty good – at least I hadn’t seen it before & after all I laid right in bed & seen it.
         After they sew my leg up again, I should be out of bed a couple of days thereafter.
         Well, honey here comes chow so I’d better sign off for the present.
         Well, honey – I have to close – I just can’t think of a damn thing to write about.
         The Red Cross is supposed to be here tonite & have a songfest. Here she is now.
         I’m missing you more every day honey, & thinking of you always. Bye for now – Write Soon.
         I love you!
         All My Love -      Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment