Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Oct. 19, 1944: Our WWII Soldier Is Recovering and Got Partial Pay



Oct. 19, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
Was very glad to hear from you today. I got two letters – Sept.28 & Oct. 2.
         I’m feeling a lot better today – but still have this cold & am still in bed. Which I don’t like. I finally got a partial pay – 4 pounds, $16. That’s about all I need here anyway now. I still haven’t caught up on all my back mail yet. I should write 3 or 4 yet tonite if I feel like it. There isn’t anything else to do but write or read. They haven’t said anything about coming home – I really don’t think I will myself. But nothing better could happen than to be home for Christmas & you.
         I get to miss & love you more every day – honey – I hope it isn’t too long.
         How’s everything with you honey? Okay I hope. Getting cold there yet. Hardly a day goes by here that it doesn’t rain.
         Well, honey I’ll close for now – hope I hear from you tomorrow. Bye for now – honey. Write soon.
I love you – I miss you.
All My Love Always             Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment