Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

May 18, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 18, 1943

(inside flap:
Hello
Sweetheart!!
I MISS YOU EVER SOMUCH!
LOVE x xxx ooo)




Darling Mark:

I’m dreaming of you again – I mean yet!

I got your letter this evening – I hoped for it – but didn’t expect it till tomorrow.

I’ve just finished taking a shower & am now ready for bed as soon as I finish this letter. These 12 hr. days don’t agree with me. Today we had a problem on dead-reckoning with compasses. We walked over more hills & muddy roads than I want to see again. This evening we cleaned all of our guns & vehicles ready to be shipped. The cars are all dead-lined so I guess we’ll be doing a lot of foot-work till we leave.

It’s raining again tonite – I wish the hell it would stop.

I fooled you sweetheart – I did have my pictures taken. HUH? You won’t have to blow your top!

Honey – I don’t know what I’m going to do – not to be able to see you every week. I miss you so terribly much!

I’m still sorry about last nite honey – but I didn’t drink much – it just made me sick. I guess I can’t take it. I’m sure it won’t happen again.

Honey I’m closing for tonite – I’ve just got to get some sleep.

Goodnite darling!
Please answer soon.

All My Love
Johnny
*XXXXXXXX*XXXXOOOOOOOX

No comments:

Post a Comment