Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

May 19, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 19, 1943
8:30 P.M.

(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Sweetheart!!
LOVE X X X X I MISS YOU EXTRA




Darling Mark:

I hope you don’t mind if I write to you everyday – but I think about you so much I have to.

We’ve just finished having an inspection of our equipment. Friday we have another one.

I sure missed your letter today honey!

Another rough day & I’m already in bed ready to sleep as soon as I finish this letter.

It’s raining again tonite!! Damn - wish it would stop.

I’m on guard tomorrow & Friday & I don’t feel like I’d want to walk in the rain.

Honey – we might get a 3-day pass next week before we leave. I’m not sure but, I’m sure praying.

Didn’t do much today. This morning we had lectures & this afternoon had a class on the pistol, sub-tommy & carbine rifle. Very boring – I could take them apart blindfolded – but I guess they didn’t have anything else for us to do.

Well – honey close to the bottom so – I’d better close.

Goodnite now. Please answer soon.

Love
Johnny

XXOXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment