Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

May 24, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 24, 1943
Mon. 1:00 P.M.

(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Sweetheart!!
I MISS YOU LOVE
X X X X X




Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart! I got your letter this morning when I woke up. I went to sleep as soon as I got on the train. I wish I had of stayed an hour longer with you last nite. I missed that 11:00 train by 5 min. So I was there early enough to get a seat on the 11:55. I got 1-1/2 hours sleep this morning. All morning – a few of us were loading vehicles on flat-cars. The rest of the co. is out on the pistol range & some are at the motor-pool. I’m going to stay right here on my bunk until they find me. If they want me – they know where to find me – (and they probably will)

I feel like just laying down & sleep for about a week.

Honey – I’m going to close for while & try to get in a nap. I’m going to Riley tonite to see the proofs of my pictures! Bye for now honey!


5:00 P.M.
Here I am again honey. I did get to stay in all afternoon. I was called out once but turned around & came back. I’ve just finished shaving & now I guess I’ll go get a haircut before they tell me to, & get K.P. besides.

It rained like Betty Hell here this afternoon – but it looks like it will clear up.

I hope I get my 3 day pass this week or next.

I haven’t much more to say – I don’t do very much around here anymore – but try & keep out of sight. The less I do the less I want to do. I think I’m getting lazy honey. But I have a feeling some day I’ll have plenty to do. Oh unhappy day!

I’d better close now honey & get movin to Riley.

The radio is playing “I’m Goin Back to Where I Come From” remember?

Well Bye again honey. I miss you too much!

Please Answer Soon!

All My Love
Johnny
X X OOO X X
O XXXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment