Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

May 20, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 20, 1943
Thurs. Eve.
4:45 P.M.

(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Sweetheart!!
I MISS YOU!
LOVE XXXX WRITE SOON! X




Darling Mark:

Hello Sweetheart. I got your letter today. How happy they make me.

I’m waiting for chow – it goes at 5:00 & at 5:30 I have to report to the guard house. I’m on guard tonite from 6-8 & 12-2 & all day tomorrow.

This morning we had maintenance of vehicles & I gold-bricked most of the morning. This afternoon I spent getting ready for guard mount. I was supposed to get my proofs today – but I guess I’ll have to wait till Sat. I’ve got to go to chow now – honey – so I’ll finish this sometime later. Bye now.

8:05 – Oh! Am I weary & tired. I can get a little rest now till midnite. I’m going to have a tough time getting any sleep till 10:00. There’s too much noise & activity going on around here.

Honey I’d better close & get some rest. I’ll write again tomorrow. Goodnite now. I miss ya like everything! Please answer soon.

All My Love,
Johnny
XXXXXOXX

No comments:

Post a Comment