Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

May 14, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 14, 1943
Fri. Eve.

(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Sweetheart!!
I MISS YOU I LOVE YOU
ANSWER SOON!




Darling Mark:

Just finished reading your letter again! I’m so tired I didn’t know whether to write tonite or not. But I don’t think I’m that tired. I also got a letter from Lu today. Boy we put in a 13 hr. day again today! All I did was sit in an amphib with a radio but I even got tired doing nothing. I got off the alert tonite & tomorrow I don’t know how I did & I’m not trying to find out. I’m not on guard this week-end so I guess I’ll come to K.C. & get tight as hell – because I think it’ll be my last!

It’s been cloudy all day & now its raining like hell – I hope it clears up over the week-end.

Frank Moon is singing “More Than Ever” now. I could just write that song to you & you’d know what I want to say. Do you know it?

Honey – I’m going to have some pictures taken as soon as I get time. Maybe this week-end!

Honey – I’m sorry I backed away from that kiss. I wish I had it now. But I just felt kinda mean.

Honey – I guess I’ll close for tonite – I get to thinking about you & can’t write.

Answer soon Sweetheart – I miss you.

Goodnite honey.
Love
Johnny
X O X X X O

No comments:

Post a Comment