Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 11, 1943


Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 11, 1943


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
I Miss You !
All My Love  Johnny        Eye amo te
X O X


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart!!

I got two letters from you today – that makes up for the one I didn’t get yesterday. I can’t understand why you don’t get a letter every day honey – I haven’t missed writing except once in the last two weeks.

Did you forget to mail one of these letters honey – they both had the same postmark.

We’ve been having equipment & clothing inspection all day. I’ve been laying around all morning & afternoon.

Honey the picture I liked so well was the small picture. Why did you want to know which one?

I got the picture in this last letter too honey!

Sweetheart my future is planned around you. I hope some day we can be married – honey – that’s the way I want it. So that’s the way we’ll plan it – huh?

There goes chow honey – I finish this when I get back. X

Hello again honey –

Honey – I can’t understand why Cec hasn’t written yet – is he mad about something?

I’m sure going to give him a lot of hell if he doesn’t write soon.

Well honey – I’ve got to shower & shave yet & got some things that have to be done.

I guess we’ll work tomorrow again. Honey I miss you too – so much I’m always thinking of you, constantly.

Goodnite now – Write Soon.
         X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X      
X O X                 All My Love             Johnny             X O X
         X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X

No comments:

Post a Comment