Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 5, 1943, 11:00 P.M.


Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 5, 1943
Sun. 11:00 P.M.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
I Miss You – Write Soon
All My Love XX X X X XX O X X X X X X


My Darling Mark –

Hello Honey – how ya was? I just got thru digging a fox hole. We have to dig them every time we stop for an hour or so. Its too much work to suit me. Its disgusting too – when we leave we have to fill them back up.

I just looked at your picture & honey when I do it leaves me weak.

I was just wondering what you’re doing about this time – eating?  Sleeping – playing records or over to Lu & Cec’s?  Honey I often try to imagine what you’re doing certain times of the day, & wish I was there doing the same thing with you – but if I was there we’d probably be doing something different – huh?

Right now honey – I’m sitting on a jeep writing to you & wishing I was at 1606 W. 39th. It’s pretty quiet around here now – most of the guys are laying around sleeping & all the tanks are out taking a dry run over tomorrows course.

Honey – theres thousands of tall pine trees around here & young ones about the size of Kansas trees. If I wasn’t in the Army & was out here just for the fun of it – I guess I’d think it was beautiful & picturesque.
I’ll still take K.C. anytime.

Well, honey I guess I’ll close for now & stretch out & catch a few winks while I can. It looks as if it might rain tonite – I’m afraid!

I hope you can read this writing – I tried writing small to get more on see honey!  I miss you honey – more than I can say. Bye now sweetheart! Please write soon honey.    X       O      X
X       O      X       All My Love        XOX          Johnny     XOX
Tell Lu & Cec hello!            X       X       X       X       X       X       X         X


No comments:

Post a Comment