Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

December 9, 1943


Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 9, 1943
Thurs. 11:20 A.M.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!
I Miss You
X O X            All My Love
Write Soon             Eye amo te             X O X


My Darling Mark –

Hello Honey,

I thought I’d start this letter now – I don’t think I’ll have time tonight.

We didn’t do much this morning. Seen a training film on Russia & cleaned the coronoline off some new Tommy guns.

It’s been raining off & on this morning & now its sultry & hot. I guess we’ll be out in the rain tonite.

I don’t mind anything anymore tho – I always got you to think of & I can take anything & usually do. I guess you’re feeding your face about this time – huh honey?

Its about time for chow for me so I’ll stop awhile. I’ll finish this after chow honey!


4:30 P.M.
I fell asleep at noon honey & didn’t get to finish this letter.

We go out at 7:00 tonite on a dismounted compass problem. Its been raining this afternoon & I suppose we’ll get caught tonite in the rain.

I’ll be thinking of you honey – so it won’t matter.

We haven’t mail call tonite yet – so I’ll wait & see if I have a letter from you before I finish this.

I miss you so much honey & I always look forward to your letter. I just live from letter to letter! !

Well honey we just had mail call & I got a very nice card from you. That’s the same way I feel about you honey. I hope someday we can be together again! I got a letter from a buddy in my old outfit today. They seem to be having it pretty rugged on maneuvers – but I’d still like to be with them.

Ralph is in Tampa, Fla. now. My brother you know – I don’t know where Frank is now.

Well honey I’d better end this now & get ready for chow, & after chow I have to get ready for tonite’s problem. We’re coming back about midnite – if half of us don’t get lost.

Honey – I miss you & love you more every day!

As I said I’d better close & mail this while I have a chance.

Write soon sweetheart! I’ll never miss writing every day unless it’s wholely impossible.

Bye now – darling!    X       X       X       X
X O X         All My Love        Johnny     X O X
X       O      X       O      X       yo te amo          X       O      X


No comments:

Post a Comment