Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 13, 1943


Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 13, 1943
Mon. 11:30 A.M.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!
I Miss You !! Write soon honey
All My Love X Johnny                Yo te amo


Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart!!

I’m a bad boy! I got your letter yesterday – rather last night.

I went to De Ridder – a little town about 30 miles from camp. I went to a show & horseback riding. Boy! Am I sore today!

I didn’t get a bus back until 11:30 last night & it was 1:00 before I got to bed.

Today I’m sore – tired & sleepy. I’m not used to staying up later than 10:00.

I got 2 letters from Cec yesterday too.

I’m writing this now honey – there’s going to be mail this afternoon for the clothes we have to send home & I’ll try & mail this too.

I’ll write again tonite honey! It’s almost time for chow – so I’ll close now & get this ready to mail.

Bye for now – honey

All My Love        x o x
X o x                  Johnny
X               X               X               X               X      
         O               O               O               O
X               X               X               X               X

No comments:

Post a Comment