Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 8, 1943


Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 8, 1943
Wed. 7:00 A.M.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Sweetheart!!
I Miss You - X O X
All My Love X O X Johnny
X X X X XX O X X X X X X


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

How’s my honey?

I got 2 letters last nite when I got in. One that you wrote Nov. 24. The one you missed me so much – remember?

Honey – this is going to be a short one – I haven’t got time this morning & I want to write a little to get it in this morning’s mail. Last nite I had such a splitting headache I could hardly see let alone write. I wanted to honey – but I just couldn’t do it. I’ll write a long one tonight & make up for it tho.

I’m going to read those letters again – I don’t remember what I read last nite.

I was not drinking honey to cause that headache. Honey I miss you so much it hurts! I’ve always got you on my mind.

Well honey I’d better close & mail this before we fall out!  Bye for now – I’ll write again tonight honey.

I miss you – I miss – you!

Please write soon honey.
1000000 ->       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X         X       X
         X O X                 All My Love        OX    Johnny     XOX
         X       X       X       X       X       X       X       Yo te amo 

No comments:

Post a Comment