Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Says Things Are Different Than They Were In The States


March 26, 1944
Sun.  1:00 P.M.


My Darling Mark -
Hello Sweetheart !  How’s my honey? It’s a beautiful day here this Sunday. It has been this week. I’ve still got a lot of letters to answer yet – but I want to write to you first. I’m on guard tonite so I’ll have time to write a few more. I’ll bet its pretty nice in K.C. huh – honey? If I was only back there now honey I’d be with you every minute. Kissing you every other minute.
         I slept till 10:30 this morning honey – it sure felt good. I went to 11:30 Mass this morning.
         Honey – you can send me that picture you intended to a while back – I’d like to have it.
         Are you still working nights honey? Do you see Lu & Cec. much?
         I don’t know what to write about honey – I could just keep writing how much I miss you & love you & how I’d like to be back with you. Honey that’ll be a wonderful day when we’re together again.
         Well – honey I should be washing clothes now but its too late for that – so I have to shave & get ready for guard.
         Honey I’ll be thinking of you constantly & waiting for your letters. Please write soon & often. If you don’t get a letter for a day or two honey – remember its not that I don’t want to write, things are a little different as they were in the states. We’re pretty busy & honey you can see why can’t you? I love you Darling don’t ever forget!
Bye for now Darling  I Miss you.
All My Love forever     Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment