Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Is Waiting for the D*** War to End


April 4, 1944
Tues. Eve.


My Darling Mark
Hello Sweetheart!!
I just came back from a show here at camp. Seen ”This Was Paris” – pretty good. I have a lot of letters to write & am going to try & get them all done tonite. We’re going to be pretty busy for the next week, & I probably won’t have much time!
It’s finally stopped raining here – for how long I don’t know.
Honey – I swear I don’t know what to write about! In the first place we’re very limited on what to write, as you know.
I miss you like all hell, honey – I’m just waiting for this damn war to end so I can get back to you.
Well, honey I’m going to cut this short & write home & I think I’ll write Cec. a letter. Bye for now honey – I love you. Write soon.
All My Love Sweetheart      Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment