Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Johnny Gets More Letters Later That Same Day



Oct. 4, 1944
England
8:00 P.M.



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
How’s my honey today? I got 3 letters from you today – 11th 12th & 15th. You’re really on the ball honey. I wrote you a letter this morning – but after getting 3 this evening I’d better write again.
         I got a letter from Frank today & one from Bobby.
         If you want to know honey – I was hit in the left leg & left lung. It’s nothing serious now.
         I’m feeling pretty good – but could feel a lot better if I was near you.
         It’s getting pretty cold here now. I hate to think of spending another winter here. I was in France the day they had summer here in England. I’ll bet if I was in the states I could stand any kind of weather. I’d sure like to spend this winter with you. We wouldn’t have to worry about a fuel shortage. Right now were listening to the World Series between the Browns & Cards. I guess its about 3:00 back home.
         Well, honey I close for now & write Bob & Frank.
         What I want for Xmas?  You honey & I would be gloriously happy!
         Bye for now. Write Soon.
All My Love Always             Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment