Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Stares At The Snapshot of His Sweetheart And Loves Her All The More



Oct. 4, 1944
England
10 a.m.



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
I got your letter of the 18th yesterday - the one you wrote at work. I got another letter from Cec. yesterday. He seems pretty proud of his baby girl.
         I just came back from Physio & there isn’t a thing to do but write or sleep.
         I was just staring at that snapshot of you I got in your last letter before I was hit. Remember the one of you in shorts & striped jersey? Makes me miss you all the more! Honey I got to love you more every day. I hope to hell I get to see you this year yet – bit it doesn’t look very promising – does it?
         Anyway – I pray & hope so.
         I think I’ve got most of the mail you sent to my old address now honey. Once in a while I get one about 2 months old – that’s been beat up pretty bad.
         Well, honey I guess I’ll close for now. The nurse is coming to change dressings. Bye for now Darling. I love you. I miss you so much!!
Write Soon.
All My Love Always     Johnny



No comments:

Post a Comment